About Me

My photo
I have been a Havre de Grace resident since 2006, was born in Baltimore MD and raised in Wallingford PA. I chose Havre de Grace as my home because of its beautiful waterfront location, historic walk-able downtown, and friendly neighborhoods. Since moving to Havre de Grace, I have fully immersed myself into the community. I currently serve on the City’s Planning Commission, the Comprehensive Zoning Committee, and as a Board Member of Havre de Grace Main Street Inc. I live and work full-time in our historic downtown business district. Havre de Grace is a gem and there is great potential for our quaint city.

Saturday, March 12, 2011



I am running for Havre de Grace City Council, and am asking for your support.
Many of us were born and raised elsewhere and have chosen Havre de Grace as our home.  We selected Havre de Grace because of its beautiful waterfront location, historic walk-able downtown, and friendly neighborhoods.  We know there is great potential for our quaint city.
We have fallen in love with Havre de Grace and see the hidden charms that make this city so special.  Work with me towards enhancing the quality of our lives, and the lives of those who come after us.  Help me guide our city to its full potential.
My professional civic background has prepared me for solid decision making for the citizens of the City of Havre de Grace.  My professional background includes:
·        Co-owner/operator of a downtown Havre de Grace business, Bahoukas Antique Mall.
·        7 years sales experience (pharmaceutical/diagnostics).
·        21 years clinical experience as a Registered Dietitian (Nephrology specialty).
Civic experience in Havre de Grace includes:
·        Appointed Member of Planning Commission (City of  HdG)
·        Appointed Member of HdG Comprehensive Zoning Review Committee
·        Member of Board of Directors HdG Main Street, Inc.
·        Chairperson of HdG Main Street, Inc. “Clean, Green and Safe Committee”
·        “Red Pump Ball” Committee Member (Upper Chesapeake Cardiology)
·        Organizer of efforts to clean up David Craig Park
When elected, I plan to promote:
·        Reduce taxes and fees for taxpayers.  Develop a long term plan for reduction of property taxes.
·        Transparent government.  Offer open and timely access to government activities utilizing the city website.  Provide ample opportunities for informed citizen input and participation.
·        Increase public access to our waterfront.  Improve current access to all city owned waterfront properties: Susquehanna Lockhouse Museum, Jean Roberts Park, David Craig Park, the foot of both Green St. and Pennington Ave., Hutchins Park, public pier at Heron Harbor, Concord Point Lighthouse, Tydings Park.
.
·        Business-friendly city practices.  Promoting a vibrant historic downtown business district, a successful commercial business district along the Route 40 corridor, and a vital industrial district off of Old Bay Lane.  Increased success within the Havre de Grace Business Community will help alleviate the residential tax burden while providing additional employment opportunities for citizens.
·        A Sustainable Havre de Grace.  Turn Havre de Grace into “Havre de Green” by protecting our Bay, conserving our resources, and incorporating energy options.  Institute changes within the city infrastructure to move the city towards Zero Net Energy goals, and utilizing renewable energy harvesting.
I am your representative, and I promise to personally represent your needs and be openly accessable to you. Please feel free to contact me anytime with your concerns! My email address is: wagnerforcouncil@gmail.com.
Please help support me in my candidacy for Havre de Grace City Council.  All campaign contributions will be greatly appreciated.  Please send your donations to “Committee to elect Barbara Wagner” 410 North Union Avenue, Havre de Grace, MD 21078.

Sincerely,
Barbara Wagner
Candidate for HdG City Council